Learn and grow with ArtiCulture!
We are committed to creating meaningful experiences for volunteers. If there is something you are interested in doing that is not listed here, don’t hesitate to let us know. We can work together to create an opportunity that will make sense for all of us.
Questions? Don't hestitate to call Deb, our Retail and Administrative Coordinator, at: firstname.lastname@example.org!
(Psst! Depending on the job... We like to thank volunteers in various ways ranging from snacks, to access to art supplies, to free classes.)
Special Current Needs:
- Summer Festival Art Wizards!!! Our teachers need help at Art A Whirl 5/18 & 5/19, the Ordway's International Children's Festival 6/1 & 6/2, Powderhorn Art Fair 8/3 & 8/4, and Seward King's Fair 9/21. We lead simple art activities (for all ages and skills!) like book making and finger puppets. Super busy - supper fun - super short. 4-5 hour shifts (ideally folks sign up for two shifts). Good for ages 16+, singles/duos/groups, social and/or creative folks. (posted 4/11/13)
Our board needs a new member - a CPA and ideally someone experienced with nonprofit organizations - who could fill the specific role of Treasurer, work with our volunteer bookkeeper, and act in a financial advisory capacity to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include overseeing: organization and program budgeting, monthly cash reconciliation, financial reporting including monthly generation and analysis of Profit/Loss and Balance Sheet, annual filing for Form 990, income and sales tax payments. The time commitment is 5-10 hours per month including monthly board meetings. (posted 11/13/12)
- One of our weekend cleaning volunteers has to focus on grad school so we need replacement help. We'll happilly trade free classes for help in this area. With all the art making going on, it gets messy face. 2-3 hours a weekend, two weekends a month - starting now! (posted 11/13/12)
- Artist Recruiter ArtiCulture's volunteer retail committee is seeking a new member to focus on scouting new talent for our retail space! We're looking specifically for an artist to join the group. Time commitment is ranges from 8-14 hours per month and includes regular committee member responsibilities (monthly meetings, staffing the retail space on Second Saturdays and other nuts and bolts work of running a retail space). Major recruiting responsibilities include attending art festivals, coordinating bi-annual call to artists, and regularly bringing new artists’ work to meetings for consideration. (posted 6/19/12)
- ArtiCulture's Board of Directors is seeking to add a new member with 5+ years professional experience in development. This person would work closely with the Executive Director to find new opportunities for funding, write letters of inquiry, write and edit proposals, and maintain a calendar of activities. The time commitment is generally between 10-12 hours per month including monthly board meeting, monthly committee meetings, and volunteer assistance. (12/27/12)
Ongoing Needs :
Throughout the year, ArtiCulture builds School Release Days into our calendar. School Release Days are special days where school age kids can come and make art when school in Minneapolis and St. Paul is out. Each day is filled with different activities tied to a theme. We’ve done Myths & Magic School Release Days, for example, where kids make spell books, magic wands, potions and read stories about magical creatures. We also offer week long camps for Winter and Spring break, and End of School camps to cap off the school year with a bang. This is a great opportunity for artists who are interested in learning how to teach can gain some experience while assisting our teachers. Since this is a special volunteer position, an interview will be required. Anyone interested in our summer internship program is especially encouraged to apply!
Data Entry Volunteer
Four times a year we do big updates to our database based on the previous quarters’ registrations. To get started, we ask volunteers to come in for an hour of training. After that, this is a job that can be done from the comfort of your home! We use CiviCRM (which is very user friendly) and it usually is 2-4 hours of work. This is a great opportunity for anyone who’d like to add “data entry” to their resume!
Four times a year, we distribute class fliers to the grade schools of South Minneapolis and businesses around the Twin Cities. It's our biggest, most effective means of advertising our programming. We need people to do this in early Setpember, mid-November, late February, and late April. If you're interested, this job requires a car. It would be a great job to invite a friend to help you with (so someone can run inside, while the other person waits out front and maps out the route to the next school).
Summer Festival Volunteer
Summer Festival Volunteers are needed over summer during select weekends in June, July, and August. Festival volunteers can function as an assistant to a teacher and welome people to our activities table. Projects range from things like finger puppets to amulets to book making! No arts experience necessary for an assistant. Outgoing personality is a must, as volunteers will help promote ArtiCulture and arts education, and (of course) encourage creativity.
Handy (wo)men & weekend cleaning crew
There's always something that needs to be fixed or cleaned around here and our tiny staff often relies on kind volunteer assistance for small projects as well as ongoing ones. If you have an interest in helping us in an ongoing capacity, or just want to be put on a "call list" when something pops up, let us know and we'll be forever grateful!
Fall Fundraiser Volunteers
This fun event is usually structured around our annual Flying Pig Auction and has varied considerably from year to year. We need additional volunteers to help plan the event (starting early April), look for sponsors, promote, and run it the day of (usally around late September, early October). Take a peak at the annual fundraiser page to see the most recent event.
ArtiCulture is seeking volunteer board members to serve on our Board of Directors. We are looking for people with professional experience in the following:
- Legal Affairs
- Resource Development/Grantwriting
- Fundraising/Event Planning
- IT/Web Development
Board members serve in an advisory capacity as well as assist with organizational management in these areas. Board members are expected to contribute their time, talent, and treasure to the organization. Previous non-profit organization experience is ideal. The time commitment is between 10-12 hours per month including monthly board meeting, monthly committee meetings, and volunteer assistance.
We have several volunteer committees, led by board members, that are responsible for creating and implementing plans that are crucial to the organization's operations. ArtiCulture committees function only by volunteers' expertise, ideas, and creative energy. See below for a list of committees.
- Marketing Committee The Marketing Committee is responsible for developing and implementing strategies and tactics to market ArtiCulture's programs and retail space. This includes the use of creative, low cost, and grassroots efforts to engage the community. Members of the committee help showcase ArtiCulture's programs in order to build community awareness of the organization, increase program/class registrations and generate retail sales income. Someone without much marketing experience, but a lot of big ideas, is welcome! The time commitment is 5-10 hours per month including monthly meetings and additional volunteering.
- Development Committee This committee supports the organization through research and application for community, regional, and corporate grant applications to support targeted programming and general operations. Members give input on grant opportunities, review and update application materials in order to tailor them for the specific opportunity, and keep records of applications for annual comparison. The time commitment is 5-10 hours per month including monthly meetings and additional volunteering.
- Fundraising Committee The Fundraising Committee creates and implements individual campaigns and events as a means to raise money for the organization. The time commitment is 5-10 hours per month including monthly meetings and additional volunteering.
- Finance Committee This committee serves in a financial advisory capacity to the Executive Direcotor, as well as assists with organizational financial management. The time commitment is 5-10 hours per month including monthly meetings and additional volunteering.